Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Lucky Day

In my 2nd grade classroom we have the Parent Reader Program. Anyone in your family can come and read to the classroom. My mom had UEA this last week (which is Fall break for public schools). She came to my class on Wednesday and Friday to read. She read on this day to us Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet by Diane deGroat also Halloween Is... by Gail Gibson. I thought it was so funny to see Gilbert as a ballerina...for Halloween. I would never be a ballerina for any holiday! I am going to be a car mechanic for Halloween this year.

On my dad's day off he came to read to the class. He read What Dads Can't Do by Douglas Wood. I thought it was funny that "dads can't pitch a baseball very hard or hit one very far". I know for a fact that my dad can't hit or pitch it very far since my dad was my baseball coach and he never did that in practices.

My mom also came that day and read My Lucky Day by Keiko Kasza. This is my favorite book ever! I love it because Mr. Fox had to do so many things for Piglet. My mom even changes the voices of the different characters to make it even funnier. It made feel very happy and excited that my parents came to read to me in my classroom. It was "My Lucky Day"!

1 comment:

PoPo and AhGoon said...

Nicholas,
You are a lucky boy to have such good parents take an interest in your class. It looks like you enjoyed the books Mami and Papi read to the class. Do you like reading?